Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Better Call Saul

"Just the right amount of dirty."



Last week we were reintroduced to Saul Goodman. Or, as he used to be called, James McGill.

One minute in, I remember what I had been missing since Breaking Bad's explosive finale. Amazing TV.  Everything in this show feels really deliberate and you know that Vince Gilligan has a plan for everything.   It draws you in, and you immediately sympathize with James, who's just trying to make it as a lawyer in the ABQ. I think they were very wise to go with Saul.  His character was already “bad,” now we get to see how he was before.

The first thing that really caught my attention was Ignacio's character.  When we first meet Saul, he thinks he's going to die and throws someone called "Ignacio" under the bus.   Now I'm wondering, that the hell is going to happen between these two guys.  I don't see them being partners like Jesse and Walt, but I'm going to be keeping an eye on that relationship.   Also I'm pretty sure that Ignacio is played by the same guy who's the villain in Far Cry 3.
He's not cut to be a straight-edge lawyer.  He's meant for bigger, badder things.  And I can't wait for him to face off against Hamlin & Hamlin.


No comments:

Post a Comment